Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lace Clutch

 My daughter and I located this wonderful chambray and cream stripe at a thrift store almost 6 months ago.  I love it.  It speaks to me. I just couldn't find the right project.
 I looked at skirts on Pinterest.  I considered a few tops.  Perhaps an Envelope System Wallet.  Nope, nothing seemed to be a worthy enough project to warrant putting scissors to the lovely pile of stripes. 
 Well, this is what I finally designed!  I do love it!

For all of you DIYers out there, I made this little clutch following the same directions as in my ZIPPERED POUCH TUTORIAL.  The only exceptions include:
1. adding lace to front and back outer panels first.
2. adding pink hand stitching next
3. adding key ring and lanyard hook with arm strap. The lanyard hook is attached to zipper pull.

If you aren't much of a sewer or just don't have time, you can find this little clutch in my ETSY SHOP! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Beautiful!
I love your design and the idea of adding lace.

anastasia anezinis said...

So cute!

n*stitches said...

Thank You!

Zoe said...

The clutch is so pretty, I love the contrast zip and thread :)